West Bengal Group D Result | WBGDRB Merit List – Cut off Marks | WBGD Result: West Bengal Group D result is undoubtedly one of the most awaited events for all the job seekers in the state of West Bengal. West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms is going to publish the West Bengal Group D Result along with cut off marks and WBGDRRB Merit list soon on its official website i.e http://www.wbgdrb.in/. Earlier this year on 20th May 2017, West Bengal recruitment Board successfully organized and conducted Group d MCQ type written examination of Class VIII standard in different centers across the West Bengal State. According to the Official administration, record-breaking whopping more than 25,00,000 aspirants appeared in the written examination for provisional (initial) 6,000 vacancy.
Update 1: The WB Group D Board is now scanning the OMR Sheet of more about 17 lakhs applicants and as per expected, it will carry on till 10th September 2017 and after that, the resulting will be made public. Applicants who were eager to check the merit list will have to wait for little more. But very soon, the department will be publishing the list of eligible candidates for the Interview Exam and applicants will be getting that update here.
Update 2: WBGDRB has notified that there was a wrong question out of 75 compulsory questions and every candidate will be granted 1 positive mark for that irrespective of whether candidates answered that question or not.
Update 3: West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board has published the Official Answer Key. Get the WB Group D Answer Key page here (Published)
Update 4: On 20th May 2017, West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board has successfully organized the Group D Exam for about 24,00,000 candidate at the various centers and location across the state. The Answer key has been candidates can check that from our WB Group D Answer Key page.(Published)
IMP announcement: Group D Written exam has been modified to 20th of May from 14th May.
Imp Update: Admit card Issued earlier for 14th may exam will remain valid for new 20th May exam date.
Update 5: Admit Card is now available for download. WBGDRB has started issuing admit card since 9th of March. It kicked of issuing admit card for Kolkata and Paschim Mednapoor candidates. Check the below table for visit out West Bengal Group D admit card page for more information.
Update 6: Admit card is available for download for the following districts. Find the direct download link right here:
- Download Kolkata WBGDRB admit card
- Download Coochbehar WBGDRB admit card
- Download Purba Midnapore WBGDRB admit card
- Download Paschim Midnapore WBGDRB admit card
- Download Howrah WBGDRB admit card
- Download Hooghly WBGDRB admit card
- Download Jalpaiguri WBGDRB admit card
- Download Darjeeling WBGDRB admit card
- Download Alipurduar WBGDRB admit card
- Download Uttar Dinajpur WBGDRB admit card
- Download Malda WBGDRB admit card
- Download Dakshin Dinajpur WBGDRB admit card
- Download Purulia WBGDRB admit card
- Download Bankura WBGDRB admit card
- Download Birbhum WBGDRB admit card
- Download Nadia WBGDRB admit card
- Download Burdwan WBGDRB admit card
- Download Murshidabad WBGDRB admit Card
- Download North 24 Parganas WBGDRB admit Card
- Download South 24 Parganas WBGDRB admit Card
Rest of the districts’ admit card will be issued soon. Stay tuned with us for new update.
Update 7: Group D recruitment board has made a very important announcement regarding negative marking. Now there will be 1/2 marks negative marking for every wrong answer. Candidates should not try and guess any answer now if they are not sure about. That may lead to mark deduction.
The State government of west Bengal literally found it difficult to arrange adequate set up for those huge candidates who filled up the online application form for West Bengal Group D recruitment. But they did put exceptional effort and successfully conducted examination on 27th may from 12 noon to 1.30 pm to short list initial candidates.
Quick Navigation to important Links of West Bengal Group D Recruitment:
|West Bengal Group D Official Advertisement||Check Advertisement|
|West Bengal Group D Recruitment||Detail recruitment|
|WBGDRB Answer Key||Check Group D Answer Key|
|West Bengal Group D Admit card||Downlaod Admit Card|
- 1 wbgdrb.in Group D Exam Results merit list2017 Updates:
- 2 WBGDRB Exam Answer Key:
- 3 West Bengal Group D Result 2017:
- 4 Expected date of West Bengal Group D exam result:
- 5 Selection Procedure of West Bengal Group D recruitment:
- 6 Will there be any negative marking on West Bengal Group D examination?
- 7 Overall Standing And Statistics of WB Group D Result 2017:
- 8 How to Check Result For The West Bengal Group D Result 2017:
- 9 Expected cut-off marks For The West Bengal Group d Result 2017:
- 10 Tentative date of West Bengal Group D recruitment Board Merit list 2017:
- 11 Total Post Reserved For Different category Of Candidates of West Bengal Group D recruitment:
- 12 Check WB Group D result for all District:
- 13 Closing note of West Bengal Group D recruitment result 2017:
wbgdrb.in Group D Exam Results merit list2017 Updates:
Upon successful conduction of written examination, West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board took reasonable time to check all papers and finally they are ready with West Bengal Group D Result along with Merit list and cut off of West Bengal Group D examination consisting candidates list who successfully cleared the initial written examination and qualified for the interview process. If you are one of the candidates among 25 lakhs who took the online examination, can check your result from the official website of the WBGDRB or from the direct link provided below on this page. WBGDRB Group D result 2017 will be published shortly by the department. If you are wondering what could be the expected cut off marks of West Bengal Group D result and how would merit list stand, we have provided all the information related West Bengal Group D Recruitment Result 2017 below.
WBGDRB Exam Answer Key:
West Bengal Group D Result 2017:
West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board will select candidates after making them go through written examination and personal round interview process. We will update both the written examination and Interview result on this page upon release. After written result is published WBGDRB authority will publish the merit list of selected candidates list who would qualify for the second round of selection procedure that is interview round. Candidates can check their West Bengal group D 2017 written result here. Link will be activated when the result is made live by the WBGDRB authority.
Click Here To Check – West Bengal group D Written Examination Result 2017 – Link Will Be Updated Soon.
WBGDRB result 2017 – Important Dates/Updates/Status
|Online MCQ based written Examination||20th May 2017|
|Online Exam Result Date||Expceted in August- September 2017|
|Interview||Will be declared Later|
|Final Result Declaration||Tentatively about November/ December 2017|
Expected date of West Bengal Group D exam result:
Well, the authority of West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board has successfully conducted the written exam on 27th May 2017. WBGDRB has not declared the expected result date on their official website neither any of the department official given tentative West Bengal Group D exam result date to any of the leading new paper in West Bengal. But according to their previous record, we can safely assume they are going to come up with the final merit list and result somewhere between August to September in 2017 if everything goes well. West Bengal Group D authority never fails to notify candidates about the latest development on Group d candidates recruitment. Stay tuned with us. We will update this page as soon as there is any announcement from the authority.
Selection Procedure of West Bengal Group D recruitment:
WBGDRB has distinctly clarified the selection procedure of Group D vacancy on their official Group D recruitment advertisement. The selection procedure will be in a specific channel in 4 Steps. Take a close look at the bellow mentioned selection procedure:
- Written Examination: – Full Marks – 85: In order to select candidates, WBGDRB arranges an initial MCQ written examination that will comprise of 85 Multiple Choice (Four choices each) MCQ objective type of 1 mark for each individual question. Candidates will be given total one and half hour to complete their mission to get as much as score they can within that stipulated time. Question would be based according to West Bengal school board’s class VIII level standard on the following subject (with breakdown)
A. General Studies (History, Geography, Physical Sc., Bio-Science, Environmental Science) Which will consist of 40 Marks (40 questions)
B. Language Paper (Bengali/ Nepali/ Hindi/ Urdu) – Which will consist of 10 Marks (10 questions)
C. Mathematics (Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry) – Which will consist of 35 Marks (35 questions)
Note: The authority has also notified that the minimum qualification marks will be fixed later by the board West Bengal Groud D authority.
- INTERVIEW: – Full Marks – 15: Candidates who will successfully cross the minimum qualification marks in the written examination will be called for the next interview selection according to the merit list. Only a limited number of candidates will be called to attend the interview and that number will be decided by the Group d authority according to the written examination performance and proportionate to the number of total vacancies.
In the interview round, candidates will be tested on “general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service”. The interview will be based on centrally for all qualified candidates. A provisional merit list will be made consisting list of Candidates who will secure better performance on written examination and interview round.
- VERIFICATION OF CHARACTER ANTECEDENTS:- Now this round is as crucial is as the previous two. Successful provisionally selected candidates will have to fill up ‘Verification Roll’ that are going to be thoroughly enquired into by the authority concerned.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION: – All provisionally selected Candidates who will obtain ‘No Objection’ will be sent for Medical Examination to test if their physical condition is standard to fit according to the job objective in the State Government-designated hospitals.
- APPOINTING AUTHORITY:- Candidates who will clear all the above-mentioned tests (red obstacles) can be sure of grading their status from provisionally selected candidates to selected candidates. Candidate list with the successful candidates name will be forwarded to the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Govt of West Bengal and they will be allocated to the various offices of State Government. A specific appointment letter will be issued by the concerned government department.
Will there be any negative marking on West Bengal Group D examination?
West Bengal Group D Recruitment Board has categorically stated at the advertisement notification that there will no negative marking for the wrong answers. Candidates are free to attempt all question without worrying negative marking. Authority will decide the prescribe scheme and syllabus (new and Old) for the written examination. Board has further added, the qualification mark of the written examination will be decided by them and they will notify about that to the aspirants.
Important Update: West Bengal Group D Recruitment board has now made an amendment regarding the negative marking. Now there will be 1/2 negative marking for every wrong answer. candidates are asked to be carefully now to attempt question now. Though there are no changes made on on the syllabus.
Check the West Bengal Group D syllabus ( New and Old)
Overall Standing And Statistics of WB Group D Result 2017:
|Name of the Post||
|Type of Post||
Different State Government Department.
|Total number of WB Group D Written Exam Taker||
|Candidates Qualified for the Interview Round||Yet to be announced|
|Qualified for Document verification and Medical Test||Yet to be announced|
|Final Merit list Declaration||Tentatively about November -December of 2017|
How to Check Result For The West Bengal Group D Result 2017:
We have already added the official website’s result link few paragraph above. Still, if any candidates who appeared for the West Bengal Group D online examination can follow the below-mentioned steps to see the result on the official website i.e http://www.wbgdrb.in/.
- Candidates longing to see their WB Group d result have to go to http://www.wbgdrb.in/ which is the official site of the West Bengal Group D recruitment’s official website.
- Upon reaching the home page candidates should check at the top navigation bar and locate the “Result’ tab. Click on that.
- You will be directed to the result page of the department where all latest exam results are listed. Search “West Bengal group d result” and upon finding click on that.
- A PDF page will open on the browser containing all selected candidates name/Registration number.
- As the total list will be quite huge (about 6,000), so follow these steps to find your name/registration number quickly.
- After opening the Result PDF page press “CTRL+F” button on the keyboard and a search box will appear on the top right corner of the page for Chrome Browser and left bottom corner in Firefox.
- Now type your name/registration ID into the search box and hit enter. It will quickly locate your name/registration id.
- Download the PDF file on your local computer for future reference.
Expected cut-off marks For The West Bengal Group d Result 2017:
Cut off is considered one of the most significant elements of any recruitment and it is going to play the similar role for West Bengal Group D result. Cut off is not yet published by the authority. According to the officials of West Bengal Group D recruitment authority, over 25,00,000 candidates appeared for the written examination. So it does not take to be a rocket scientist to guess how high the cut off for West Bengal Group D recruitment is going to be this year. The majority of among 25,00,000 appeared candidates prepared quite well for this written examination, so we are expecting the cut off to be extremely high.
Another factor that could significantly impact the cut off marks is the performance of the appeared candidates. But again, the question papers were relatively (moderately) easy to medium. So candidates should perform according to it resulting high number acquisition that will significantly push the cut off mark.
Tentative date of West Bengal Group D recruitment Board Merit list 2017:
WB Group D Recruitment board will soon release the Merit list of provisionally selected candidates of written examination on their official site. They also notified that all written examination merit list candidates have to go through the next round of selection procedure i.e interview round and after calculating the marks for both the written examination and interview, WB group D recruitment board will release the final merit list. We will update the both merit list date of publication as soon as we have any information.
Total Post Reserved For Different category Of Candidates of West Bengal Group D recruitment:
|WBGDRB Recruitment 2017 Posts Details|
|Sr. No.||Category Name||Number of Post reserved|
|1.||Unreserved (UR):||2742 Posts|
|2.||Unreserved (E.C.):||381 Posts|
|3.||Unreserved (ESM):||179 Posts|
|4.||Scheduled Caste:||1165 Posts|
|5.||Scheduled Caste (E.C.):||63 Posts|
|6.||Scheduled Caste (ESM):||25 Posts|
|7.||Scheduled Tribe:||336 Posts|
|8.||Scheduled Tribe (E.C.):||20 Posts|
|9.||Scheduled Tribe (ESM):||09 Posts|
|11.||OBC-A (E.C):||28 Posts|
|12.||OBC-A (ESM):||10 Posts|
|14.||OBC-B (E.C):||21 Posts|
|15.||OBC-B (ESM):||12 Posts|
|16.||PWD (UR):||74 Posts|
|17.||MSP (UR):||07 Posts|
Check WB Group D result for all District:
|Sl. No.||Name of the District||Date Of Admit Card Published||Result Status|
|1.||Kolkata||14th March 2017 Get Here >>>||Check Result Here|
|2.||Coochbehar||14th March 2017 Get Here >>>||Will be updated|
|3.||Howrah||17th March 2017 Get Here >>>||Will be updated|
|4.||Paschim Midnapore||14th March 2017 Get Here||Will be updated|
|5.||Alipurduar||17th March 2017||Will be updated|
|6||Purba Midnapore||14th March 2017 Get Here >>>||Will be updated|
|7||Dakshin Dinajpur||22th March 2017 Get Here >>||Will be updated|
|8||Bankura||6th April Download Here|
|9||Darjeeling||22th March 2017 Get Here >>|
|10||Hoogly||17th March 2017 Get Here >>>|
|11||Purulia||6th April Download Here|
|12||Birbhum||6th April Download Here|
|13||Jalpaiguri||22th March 2017 Get Here >>|
|14||South 24 Parganas||19th April Download Here|
|15||Murshidabad||12th april 2017 Download Here|
|16||Burdwan||12th april 2017 Download Here|
|17||Nadia||6th April Download Here|
|18||Malda||22th March 2017 Get Here >>|
|19||North 24 Parganas||19th April Download Here|
|20||Uttar Dinajpur||22th March 2017 Get Here >>|
Closing note of West Bengal Group D recruitment result 2017:
We are actively monitoring this recruitment procedure and changing the information according to the development. Candidates are free to drop their doubts/questions or concern in the comment section ( Even in Bengali) and we will try to get back to you as early as possible. Till then, happy job hunting. As the answer key has already been published by the Department and candidates can estimate what is estimated mark they are going to get in the examination so we welcome all the candidates to share their probable marks in the comment section that everyone can have a clear view what could be the cutoff marks of WBGDRB result or West Bengal Group D Result of 2017 batch.