AFCAT Selection Process, Exam Pattern and Syllabus – EKT/AFCAT: Like the tagline goes there will certainly never be a boring day in your service life. Working is Indian Air force is an honor for an Indian. Serving our mother nation in form of an Aircraftsman, Warrant officer, Ground Officer, Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches, Flying Branch, Junior commissioned officer or any other post would bring you pride along with maximum job satisfaction.
If you have decided to take this challenging career on then you must first crack entrance examination convincingly in order get through this prestigious concern. To prepare at the best one must have the clear knowledge of AFCAT selection procedure along with Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
In order to get through the Air Force Common Admission commonly know as AFCAT test and EKT candidates are requested to go through the below selection procedure extremely carefully to fully understand the method of selection. Here in this post we have explained in detail for any other clarification do check the official website at http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/
AFCAT Selection Process:
First and foremost condition which has to be filled without failure is to submit your application form as prescribed by the authority. Check the eligibility criteria for respective posts and filled out the online application form accordingly. Upon successful submission of online application, candidates will have to go through this steps:
A) Initial AFCAT Written Test:
- Regardless of whatever category or post, you applied fo every candidate have to appear in Air force common admission test (AFCAT). Candidates who opted for technical branch have to attend another set of examination called Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) in any of the allocated examination centers.
- Candidates appearing in AFCAT examination will be given hours to complete the question paper which will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.
- 45 Minutes Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will follow right after AFCAT examination same day at the same venue.
- Candidates need to secure minimum qualifying marks (Prescribed by the Indian Air Force Authority) and get through these selection rounds (AFCAT and EKT) applicable for Ground Duty (technical).
- Candidates who will successfully clear AFCAT and EKT ( where applicable) will be called for next round of testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.
B) Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) round:
Candidates who will successfully clear the initial screening procedure i.e AFCAT and EKT will be presented in front of one of the AFSBs. In order to attend this screening process, candidates must collect admit card from the official Indian Air force site. To collect Admit card Candidates will be required to login to their candidate login accounts regularly for information on AFCAT, EKT (if applicable) and AFSB testing. In this screening process, Candidates have to undergo 2 or 3 different stages (where applicable):
Stage I) Selection round – Intelligence Test:
This stage of the selection process will be qualifying in nature. On the very first day, candidates will be tested on Intelligence along with other tests will be conducted. All Stage-I qualified candidates will have to produce necessary documents for checking to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Candidates who will not meet the verification round or will not be able to clear the tests will be sent back very first day itself.
Stage-II)- Psychological test:
Candidates will have to undergo Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days)
Stage III) For Flying Branch (Only):
Eligible candidates will undergo Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
C) – Medical Examinations:
Candidates successfully clearing all the above-mentioned test will then be tested on the medical ground. Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB. Candidates failing to report at the medical examination center on allotted dates will lead to application cancellation. So it is advised to be right on time at the examination center.
D) – Merit List:
Afte successfully clearing medical testing round if you think you are right on the money, we would like to inform you that, your overall performance in AFCAT, EKT and AFSB and subject to medical clearance will be considered in making the all India based merit list keeping the total number of vacancy in mind. If you able to secure higher position in the merit list you will be called to serve the most prestigious concern in India.
Final Notes of AFCAT Selection Process: If case you need any further clarification on AFCAT Selection Process or Exam Pattern, feel free to mail us or drop your question into the comment box.
Till then Jay Hind and happy Job hunting. A very all the best from Naukri Helper Team.